Friday, November 30, 2007

Glob Is Blog Spelled Backwards

Okay yeah, so I'm posting a lot this week. I feel like my mother, rediscovering the internet thanks to Rob Witmer, in exchange for a hot meal and some fresh laundry. Long story. Suffice it to say this whole blog thing is still fresh and new to me, and I don't know what to do with it. Should I:

Reminisce about all the amazingly mediocre meals I had, served with casual annoyance, at Bimbo's Band Member Kitchen? Or reflect upon that one time I actually went into Kingcora (sp?) to meet a friend, only to realize some time later that we were meeting at Bill's, thereby officially keeping my streak of not purchasing a drink from that bar intact? Oh, the halcyon days of East Pine! I did have a nice time at Pony once.

Pick a frustration that concerns me and very few others and complain at length about it? Why does the water cooler take so long to fill my Nalgene bottle? Or is there a state law that requires all garbage trucks to visit dumpsters before 8am? Oh, the halcyon days of earlier this week! I did have a nice time cleaning the rehearsal space last night.

Make a blog post about nothing at all, criticizing blogs and my inability to think about something creative to write? Oh, here's a funny list of things I could write about in this blog! Oh, the halcyon seconds of minutes ago! Oh no, I'm so self-referential that I'm writing myself out of existen

7 comments:

Basil said...

Sounds like you've answered your own questions.
That's some sexy blogging.

Rob said...

Kincora. I played several shows there with St. Bushmill's Choir, including a memorable New Year's show where the place was packed to the gills and beer was flying everywhere. I tried to go there last night, but it seems like the whole block is officially shut down. Over at the Six Arms, a huge plate glass window got smashed at about 11:30. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but the police and fire were there.

Anonymous said...

"this whole blog thing is still fresh and new to me, and I don't know what to do with it."

So here's what I think, as a partial un-observer:

your best entries are the ones where you've written about the moments during shows that most people don't notice or get to see.

I also enjoyed the serial about the loan officer and have been looking foward to another installment.

Kirk said...

Duly noted, thanks Unob.

evan said...

omgsnow!!1!1!!1!1!!!1!

Anonymous said...

um, actually 'golb' is blog spelled backwards.

Kirk said...

i know

Blog Archive