Friday, November 28, 2008

Who's the Nerd King of "Awesome"?

At the last party at Rob's, I was trying to figure out who is the nerdiest member of "Awesome" by assigning Nerd Points based on various things. But, being not exactly sober at the time, I keep forgetting what the various Nerd Rules are, and how many points each person has.

For example:
1. Add a point if you played D&D.
2. Add a point for each computer language you know.
3. Add 2 points if you get the math jokes in Futurama.
4. Add a point if you think recursion is cool.
5. Add a point if you built scale models of planes, trains, boats, etc.
6. Add another point if you still have your models.
7. ?


I was trying not to add Nerd Rules that specifically apply to just one person. (Like, no fair saying "Add a point if you got a Ph.D. in philosophy", or "add a point if you have electronic bagpipes".) So help me think of some more Nerd Rules so we can really settle this once and for all.

9 comments:

Kirk said...

i can't help on this, i have 0 points so far.

benlau said...

I have three points on this system, but I should totally get a bonus point because I last built a scale model car five months ago.

By the way, the captcha for this comment is "solfhy".

Anonymous said...

bookishness, and social ineptitude.

that's like, most people I know.

is "bookishness" an actual word?

johnO said...

I only have 2 points, but what about movie references, like...

- add a point for each line from Lord of the Rings that you can recite word- and timing- perfect

- add a point for each line from Star Wars that you can recite word- and timing- perfect

- by the way, Rob, the number of the trash compactor in Star Wars IS 3263827, I checked (and called the number and left a message)

I now have a billion hit points

Anonymous said...

Jesus, I'm at 7 already. I don't like this game.

Anonymous said...

Shut them all off, Artoo, shut them all off!

Anonymous said...

I propose additional categories for A: Buffy knowledge and B: Prog-Rock knowledge.

I would settle for being a Nerd Duke or some lower form of nerd nobility.

Anonymous said...

add a point for each digit of PI you know after 3.14.

Anonymous said...

Listen, "C3PO," which I know is not your real name, because you would know that the real C3PO (whom we call just 3PO) really said: "Shut them all down! Hurry!"

This is an example of the Scary Nerd, who will fight over minute details of dumb shit until they've achieved the rank of Master Librarian of Nobody Cares.