Monday, July 21, 2008

14/48

This weekend, Basil and I were both part of 14/48 (otherwise known as The World's Quickest Theater Festival.) This year, the festival took place at the Center House Theater. (Coincidentally on the same weekend as the Bite of Seattle, otherwise known as The Let's See How Much Garbage We Can Eat and Leave a Big Mess Festival). I played in the band, and Basil co-directed with his wife Gillian, and their daughter, Nora. As usual, some plays were better than others, but I had a great time playing with Troy Lund, Brendan Hogan, Tina La Plant, and Amanda Lee Williams in the band. We even wrote a song called "Surf Bacon"!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dancing to "Surf Bacon" in my bacon dress was a festival highlight for me!

And fyi, to those who missed it, Rob and Brendan also scored an ENTIRE Kabuki operetta that weekend, a piece that Basil and Gillian directed. Toates Awes.

Anonymous said...

seeing 14/48: often fun.

being in the 14/48 band: often not fun.

Anonymous said...

Dancing to "Surf Bacon" in my bacon dress was a festival highlight for me!

Please sign me up for your newsletter.

David said...

I used to have a bacon bandaid. Whatever happened to that bandaid?

David said...

Wait a minute. I think I found it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the lack of fun, anon. The band is often the heros of 14/48. We love you 14/48 band-age!

Speaking of bandages, bacon bandaid? Gross. Bacon cleavage corsage? Delicious.

To Pete: I'll sign you up.