Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last Night at Smoke Farm


Kirk & Jen & I went up there yesterday for the LOFI Performance Art Festival. Got a little lost on the way. Once there, walked up a river bed, saw nakedish aerialists in the trees, tree fungus made of tiny books, glowing giant eggs and squidy things, a double hammock in the middle of a field, a piano under a giant tree (I played it in the absolute dark) where knitted flowers floated in transparent spheres, ate cantaloupe off a big rock in a hidden quarry while hanging bottles gently clinked as they swayed, ran through grass taller than me, saw grass french braided into a winding knotting snake along the ground, so much other stuff, I can't remember it all. So good. So so good. Congrats to Jed Dunkerly for curating it.

I took some night shots. I didn't have my remote shutter trigger with me, so sometimes I was trying to hold down the shutter without moving, and it didn't work so well.
(Anyone have any idea what the green things up in the stars are? They came out on 2 different pictures.)

4 comments:

BenRifkah said...

Wow! That sounds like something that can leave a lasting impression on you.

Anonymous said...

The green streaks are a laser pen shining through the smoke from the fire. It was a great addition to the evening.

conspiracy said...

area 51! area 51!

Chunky said...

Those are streetlamps.