Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More Sasquatch pics



That's us, dressed in yellow shirts just like the security team.
Photo courtesy of Moxie. Some more HERE thanks to Sarah.


RE: Celebrity Encounters
Okay, so on Sunday, a couple of hours after our set, I find myself in the meal tent in line behind Michael Franti. He'd just played his set, so I said:
"Hey, that was a great set. I was totally on the side of the stage bouncing up and down..."
MF turns around:"Thank you very much. Hey-- weren't you in that first band?"
Me: "Yeah, "Awesome"."
MF: "Yeah, right! You're the banjo player, right?"
Me: "Yeah."
MF: "That was some great stuff. Really interesting sound. What's your name?"
Me: "Uh, David."
MF: "Nice to meet you. I really liked that sound check song too."
Me: "Oh yeah, thanks. We have a lot of instruments to check, so it's, uh, useful to have a song that, uh..."
MF: "Where are you guys from?"
Me: "Seattle."
MF: "Cool."
Me: "Well, anyway, I'm just gonna grab some water here..." and then I cut around him to grab a bottle of water for Jen, sick with the flu, laying in the grass outside near the hospitality yurt.

-David

P.S. Do you have pictures from Sasquatch? We wanna see!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be there (too much other stuff to do and a general distaste for the great outdoors), so here's what I want to know:

1)Why the yellow shirts instead of your usual sharp suits?

2)When and why did you switch to the green shirts?

3)What was your playlist?

Basil said...

1) Don't ask, band secret. Plus, did you notice the weather on Sunday?

2) Whenever we wanted to and because we all did, in fact, get lucky.

3) Setlist as follows:
Robot ghosts
Bullhorn, The Man with the
Away from me
Magic mouth (of Geometric Pentagrams)
Telephone
What they do
Shape song
Anthem
The Boy from Lam Kien Salon
Are you aware
Final countdown*
Drive in the pocket

(*skipped because of time constraints)

Basil said...

PS The last song is actually just called "Drive". The part about being "in the pocket" was because we thought we wouldn't have time to play it but wanted to have a short little something ready just in case. Turns out it helped us time the set out perfectly. The end.

evan said...

Here's my copy of the rain-spattered setlist.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info...at least for the set list. Now I can sleep tonight in my nice, warm, non-rainy bed and dream of you in all your fabulosity, chasing the rain away...though I may have some unsettling dreams about the mysterious yellow shirts. Damn you, band secrets!

Mykaila said...

That's so cool about Michael Franti.

He's a pretty rad guy.